For The Prevention or Healing of Decubitus Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Pressure Sores, Bed Sores, Dermal Ulcers, Pressure Wounds
who must stay in a bed, chair or wheelchair because of illness or
injury, or who cannot change position without help is at high risk for
bed sores and ulcers.
When a person cannot change position,
pressure closes tiny blood vessels that nourish the skin and supply
oxygen. When the skin lacks nutrients and oxygen for too long, the
tissue dies and a bedsore forms. Seniors are particularly vulnerable
because their skin usually becomes thinner and more fragile with age.
can develop in a matter of hours during hospitalization, in a nursing
home or in a community setting. These pressure ulcers are extremely
difficult to heal. The resulting wound can be painful, destroy tissue,
fat, muscle and even lead to death.
Our Ultimate Wool Mattress
Toppers are 6-8 inches thick to completely suspend body off the surface
of the mattress. Sized for use on hospital beds or twin beds in the
Most pressure ulcers can be prevented.
Our organic wool filled, organic cotton covered topper is made of 100% natural wool and
offers all-natural ulcer and bed sore treatment. It raises the patient
high enough off the sleep surface to allow air to circulate through the
underquilt preventing pain inducing pressure points. It eliminates this
major cause of external ulcers and bed sores (or aids in the healing of
existing bed sores) by gently cradling the body, forming a natural
weight support system.
- Regulates your body temperature naturally, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Repels dust mites, mold and mildew.
- Is appropriate in all climates.
- Wool dries from within. As a result of wool's special porous fibers, moisture evaporates quickly.
- Eliminates tossing and turning during the night.
- Durable—lasts for generations of use.
- Wool helps relieve your pain and provides a deep, restful night's sleep.